Monday 17 June 2013

Feeling The Blues

I had such good intentions to write at least once a week, but......there you go.
Life wasn't easy in the last 2 months, especially leading up to the first anniversary of Kiama's death. I was feeling the blues, like the  forget-me-nots in our garden.



The mind can be so powerful as I was reliving everything what happend last year. I also had some health issues to deal with, as I was diagnosed with Diabetes 2 and had and still have all kinds of doctors and hospital appointments. Luckily I don't need any medication or insuline, just diet and exercise. Although I do go to a yoga class once a week I should be doing a lot more exercise. Being a housewife without the cleaning work-ethos of my Dutch female ancestors, as I prefer doing my textiles instead, doesn't help the situation.
So I have been doing lots of walks over the last couple months. I got a friend who likes taking me out on walks because of the way we both look at nature - full of wonder and inspiration and with art and creation in mind.
I also get to discover a lot more of our  beautiful local country side.

Bluebell woods near Abbots Langley

Blue sheep near Potten End

I start feeling mentally and emotionally a lot better now. I went onto a meditation retreat for a week, as I really needed to take some time out being on the inside of myself - seeing things from a different, more neutral perspective.



Everything changes, so here I am in a different environment with new experiences and exciting adventures.
John and I flew to Seattle last Thursday to spend 3 weeks with our friend, there. Today we are picking up a motor home to start a road trip to Yosemite.

3 comments:

Gina said...

I think what you have been through emotionally is understandable Catherina.Try not to be hard on yourself. And... Enjoy your trip!

Lyn said...

Glad you are at least feeling a bit better and hope you take it slowly.
Take care of yourself. Xxx

Jacomien said...

Bij 'toeval' kwam ik op Internet het vreselijke nieuws over Kiama tegen. Helemaal uit mijn doen dus wat moet het voor jullie wel niet zijn..... Niet te bevatten dat dit zo'n mooi bijzonder meisje overkomt. Wens jullie drie veel kracht toe op de moeilijke momenten en hopelijk beleven jullie samen ook veel mooie momenten in herinnering. Lieve groet, Jacomien. E: Jacomienj@gmail.com